Ciaran joined Hayes McGrath in 2002 as a trainee and qualified in 2007. He became a Partner in 2020.
Ciaran advises on general insurance related matters and conducts litigation, arbitration and mediation on behalf of many insurance companies based in Ireland and the UK. The issues that he deals with include coverage issues, defending personal injury actions whether they are Public Liability, Employer Liability, Product Liability, non-personal injury actions and professional indemnity matters. Ciaran also specialises in recovery claims for insurers based in this jurisdiction.
- Full range of liability claims, particularly motor, fatal accidents, Employers Liability and Public Liability
- Currently acting for insurers in the recovery of significant outlay in various subrogated claims
- Successfully defended an insurer from a claim arising from the decisions of Churchill Insurance Company Ltd. V Fitzgerald & Wilkinson & OR’s Court of Appeal and Evans V Cockayne & Equity. That case is entitled Ludlow V Darren Unsworth  IEHC 153
- Currently involved in a project with a high profile insurer regarding minimal impact type claims
- Assisting insurers in the fight against fraudulent claims