Andrew joined Hayes McGrath in 2002 and became a partner in 2014, having originally qualified in England and Wales as a Solicitor in 1999.
Litigation and dispute resolution.
Andrew has extensive experience in advising multinational insurance companies, adjusters, brokers and corporate clients on a wide range of insurance issues and specifically in Employers Liability, Public Liability, Product Liability, Motor and Medical Negligence actions. Andrew has worked closely with major insurance clients relying on MI to ensure that new standards of excellence are being set all the time.
- Full range of liability claims, particularly motor, fatal accidents, Employers Liability and Public Liability
- Catastrophic injury with large losses including brain and spinal injury, amputations, multiple trauma and care funding
- Fraud to include a leading role for a number of insurers in detection, prevention and litigation. This role includes in-house training provided to key insurers in respect of counter-fraud strategies in protecting against potential insurance fraud and in dealing with suspected fraudulent claims
- Pre-litigation claims handling
- Has worked closely with a number of insurers in order to promote settlements of high volume claims through settlement negotiation
Liverpool University, BA (Hons)
Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales in 1999
Admitted as a Solicitor in Ireland (LV 1999)
PROFESSIONAL OTHER BODIES
Law Society of England and Wales
Law Society of Ireland
Dublin Solicitors Bar Association